Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let's get this party started, quickly, right?


Here we go again. Another year.

We woke up New Year's morning at Rita's family's beach house in San Clemente, and as the nearly full moon set, a gorgeous sunrise started us off on the right foot. We had spent the night with her brother Karlos, his wife, our niece Kloe, and our nephews Lukas, John, and Joseph.

A little breakfast of warm aebleskiver (Danish donuts, thanks Andrea!) a dolphin sighting, and it was back up the coast to Santa Barbara.

And then a new New Year's Eve tradition in the Bobbarita household!
Our good friends Chris and Denise told us to come on down to the
Press Room. We met up with Cat and Eric, and Chateaux Brion' and counted down the New Years on London and Dublin time! Balloons, champagne, good friends and a big smootch with my sweety. Then, down to Pascucci's to see Sunny for some appetizers, a shot, and more good company with the arrival of Lisa and Tom and Dana.

Then, a yummy dinner at Zen Yai with Suzy Jacuzzi and Brion'!
(I'm digging the scene there, and their tom ka kai soup is tops).
All this, and we were home and out like a light before 10:00!

Rita and I have made the big decision of moving out of the home we've lived in for many years. I'm still trying to recover my health. New years... Blue Moons... big adventures and changes are on tap.
I think I'm ready.

Having tickets to the Eagles at the Hollywood Bowl, and the Blind Boys of Alabama at the Lobero Theater helps!

Knowing that we have good family to connect with and depend on, and good music to look forward to...

Makes me hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr Bob,
    This is Melinda. not sure if you remember me, but I just had to say hello :) Was wondering if you still keep in touch with sandy or Tina??? Drop me a line Please! melindagauthier@cableone.net

    ReplyDelete